This Blogmas quiz is going around so I thought I’d have a go at it, however, I have modified it a bit.
- When do you start getting excited for Christmas?
- I start getting excited around November. I’m not much of a Thanksgiving person, so I’m usually ready to move on to Christmas pretty early. On December 1st, I change my phone ringtone to Carol of the Bells. 🙂
- Have you ever had a White Christmas?
- Yes! From 1996-2000, I lived in Hauptstuhl, Germany and we had an intense white Christmas my first year, and tiny white Christmases thereafter. Though the snow made everything sparkly bright and beautiful, I prefer to live without it.
- Do you open presents on Christmas Eve?
- When my girls were little, it was our tradition to open one gift on Christmas Eve. Now that my children are adults, we don’t really have a gift exchange anymore. If we do gifts, we save the opening until Christmas morning.
- What is your traditional Christmas meal?
- The meal varies. We will go from a turkey one year to a ham from Honeybaked Ham to smoked filet mignon to a smoked brisket. The meat doesn’t matter to me because all I want is the green bean casserole and sweet potatoes!
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
- Yikes! This is like naming all of the seven dwarves! Ok, so this took a bit of thinking and singing out loud, but I think I got them all:
- Is your Christmas Tree real or fake?
- REAL! The best smell of Christmas is the tree! I don’t even mind the mess because a real tree is worth it.
- BE HONEST! Which do you prefer: Giving gifts or receiving gifts?
- I prefer giving gifts. I am big on finding gifts that are either already sentimental or will become sentimental. I love putting thought into what I get for my loved ones. I also enjoy those gifts that are a challenge to find. When my youngest daughter wanted a specific High School Musical nightgown, I searched the world for it and ended up finding one overseas. She wore it until she outgrew it as a nightgown and it fit her as a t-shirt!
- What made you realize the truth about Santa?
- I’m not really sure. I think I always kind of knew but wanted to believe so I played along for years, and in fact, I still do play along. It’s fun to believe in the spirit of Santa.
These were fun questions! Go ahead and answer them and tag me in your posts!