I love doing these types of posts! I was browsing the beauty tag and came across these 30 fun questions!
Please feel free to copy, just make sure to tag me so I can read your answers! 🙂
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I think it was probably a lipstick or lip gloss and I was in junior high school. I didn’t really get into makeup until my early 20’s.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
OooOooh good question! My perfect mascara is a blackest black formula, has a great wand that is skinny and a bit stiff. I have tried, and continue to try, different mascaras, however, one that has captured my heart is Benefit Roller Lash. This mascara fits all my specifications so much so that I can stop my search, but then I just wouldn’t be a proper beauty blogger if I did that! 🙂
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I prefer light to medium coverage. I don’t mind if my imperfections peek through as I prefer a more natural look. I’m no spring chicken and at 45 years old, less is definitely more!
4. Favorite high end brand?
That’s a really tough question. I don’t know if this brand falls under high end, but it’s expensive enough to, so I would have to say Dr. Brandt. I don’t purchase many high end products. I don’t consider Tarte, Urban Decay, Smashbox, etc., as high end.
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
I really want to try Dior Foundation and Marc Jacobs bronzer.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
Hands down, e.l.f. Cosmetics. All day, err’day. <—– Sorry about that word.
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
No. I own quite a few pairs of them, but I’m kind of a doofus when it comes to coordination, so I just dream about being able to wear them and be envious of those who have skillz.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Mascara and lip balm. All day, err’day. <—– Sorry about that word. Again.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
I love my Jeffree Star eye shadow palettes. They are just so sleek and sexy and glamorous. No, it’s not completely weird to use the word sexy to describe an eye shadow palette. Yes, it’s totally weird.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
At least once a week. If I don’t run out to shop, I’ll shop online. Typically I pick up a few items here and there unless there’s a good sale goin’ on. I go ham when there are sales.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I try to keep to a minimum between $50.00-$100.00 monthly. There are weeks that I don’t buy anything, though.
12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Definitely! I use Ebates, as well as take advantage of reward points at Ulta and Sephora. I also go ham when e.l.f. Cosmetics has their 50% off sales, as well as Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty sale.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
For makeup it’s a tie between mascara and highlighter. Skincare would be sheet masks.
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
Obviously ingredients I am allergic to, like coconut oil/water. I probably should be more mindful, but most products nowadays are jumping on board with better ingredients.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
It’s a tie between Ulta and Sephora. I like both for different reasons. Ulta feels drugstore to me but I prefer to shop there on days that I’m feeling anxiety and can’t handle the semi-upscale’dness of Sephora.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I do tend to stick with a routine, but will occasionally try new products. I am mindful of ingredients with skin care because I am allergic to coconut oil/water.
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
I am in love with Soap & Glory. ❤
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Again, hands down, e.l.f. Cosmetics. All day, err’day. <—– I’m sorry, I can’t help myself.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Tarte definitely has pretty packaging, Kat Von D also slays, and Jeffree Star, well, have you seen the Blood Sugar palette? ❤
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I am going to say Gwen Stefani. She just always looks so well put together with her classic red lip and pin-up style hair.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
23. Favorite Beauty Gurus
I love Tati, NikkieTutorials, Jaclyn Hill, and Jeffree Star. I also like thataylaa, JessicaBraun, KathleenLights and Andrea Matillano.
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
I don’t have any so I can’t really say if I like them.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No, not really. I only use what I am confident with which makes me less clumsy. Throw in bronzer, contour and eye liner and then YES, I am clumsy! 🙂
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I use foundation. If I am going to wear eye shadow, I’ll use an eye primer, but I don’t wear eye shadow on a regular basis.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Well, aside from shampoo and conditioner, none! Occasionally I will use Loma Repair serum but I don’t use it daily.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
If I have red spots to cover, I’ll use color correcting concealer first. If I don’t need color correcting, then I go right to foundation and skip concealer altogether. 🙂 Remember, less is more. I think that applies to skin at any age.
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I thought about it seriously about 6 months ago, but it’s just a passing dream. I learn a lot from YouTube videos and from just playing around in my bathroom!
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love that there are no rules in makeup. Makeup allows a different level of creativity, a different level of expression to flow, and can be suited to each individual’s style.
Your turn! Don’t forget to tag me! ❤