I didn’t think about this gift idea when writing my first Gift Ideas post, and I am kinda glad I didn’t because this gives me another post to write because how many things can one write about every day until Christmas?! I am enjoying Blogmas, especially reading y’all’s posts, but holy cinnamon-smelling pine cones, it’s a difficult tag to keep up with writing-wise!
I was distracted by the opening of a bag of potato chips and I forgot what the heck I was doing.
Oh yeah.. another awesome gift idea! Subscription boxes! RIGHT?
I am currently subscribed to three:
- Boxycharm ($21/month) (it’s my fave so it goes first)
- Ipsy ($10/month)
- MorpheMe by Liveglam (Offers Lipstick, Nail polish and Morphe brushes subscriptions at $19.99/month)
I did get Sephora Play for a few, but with everything coconut being all the rage right now, I had to cancel because I’m allergic to coconut everything. Yay me.
Some other popular beauty box subscriptions are (Prices below are for U.S.):
- Birchbox ($10/month)
- FabFitFun ($50- seasonal)
- Play! by Sephora ($10/month)
- Glossybox ($21/month)
- Scentbird ($14.95/month)
- Madame Ladybug (A PERIOD BOX! Prices vary)
There are even FOOD boxes! And skin care boxes! And nerdy boxes! And boxes for pets!
I used My Subscription Addiction to help with this post. You can go to their website or just keep readin’ here because I’ve also made it a bit more convenient for you to choose which boxes you’d like to check out by linking ’em below because MERRY CHRISTMAS, YA FILTHY ANIMALS. All links will open in a separate window:
- Click here for all the boxes available for women and men who love beauty
- Click here for all the boxes available for men
- Click here for all the PERIOD boxes
- Click here for all the FOOD boxes (I subscribed to Graze for a good 6 months and enjoyed it!
- Click here for all the geeky/nerdy boxes
- Click here for all the boxes available for pets
- Click here for all the boxes available for $10.00 or LESS
Beauty subscription boxes are an affordable way to try new products whether you’re a makeup pro, or just starting out in the vast and overwhelming world of cosmetics. It’s nice to get a little box of surprise goodies each month. Receive a product you don’t like, already own, or isn’t your color? There are also a lot of groups to trade products with other members, and I think that’s such a great idea. Search around Facebook, and even in the comments of the beauty box subscription Facebook pages. Just be mindful of how and who you trade with.
The food boxes are also amazing. I have a friend who has food allergies. She’s allergic to everydamnedthing, and she is subscribed to one that sends her prepped meals. It saves her from having to research every little thing to make sure it’s safe for her to eat.
Did’ja even see that there is a PERIOD box? I don’t know why I all caps PERIOD. I chuckle when I change the font color to red. 🙂 I promise I’m not a 10 year-old boy.
So, you get the point with the boxes. The possibilities are endless. And who doesn’t love receiving boxes with awesome goodies in the mail?!