I have a lot of it.
It’s thick and curly and gets curlier the older I get. Not sure why that is, but I’ll take curlier hair over no hair all day every day.
I’d have to say my hair is my best feature. I receive the most compliments on my hair, with my big ol’ blue eyes being second. I’ve had just about every crazy hairstyle imaginable and in just about every color. I’ve since mellowed and have been coloring my hair jet black for almost 10 years.
- I don’t wash my hair on my days off.
- The day before my days off I do not use conditioner. I only use shampoo. I am about to go two days without washing so I minimize the use of products that make my scalp oily.
- I NEVER brush my hair. In fact, the only time my hair gets combed is when I go to the salon to have it cut. I run my fingers through my hair to remove any tangles.
- I get haircuts on a regular basis. I try to have at least 3 inches cut every 6-8 months. This helps keep my hair healthy and soft.
- I use a hair mask about once a month. My favorite is the Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning mask.
- I don’t use products like hairspray, mousse, pomades, etc. If I do use a product, I use Loma Serum or a Garnier Fructis leave-in conditioner.
- If I put my hair up in a ponytail, I use elastic hair ties that reduce breakage. I don’t make it a habit to pull my hair back in a ponytail unless I’m at the gym.
As with skin, your genes, hormones, and diet play a part in hair health.
What do you do for hair care? What are your favorite products?